Graduate students for whom I served as major advisor:
|Student Name||Year||Thesis/Dissertation Title||Current Position|
|Allison Salazar, MS||2014*||Disease markers of Mycobacterium bovis||Graduate student|
|Katelin Marchetti, MS||2014*||Use of quorum sensing molecules to enhance forage digestibility in ruminants||Graduate student|
|Trevor Morgan, MS||2014*||Validation of titanium dioxide and chromic oxide as a marker in horses||Graduate student|
|Christopher Shelley, MS||2013||The effect of cobalt on digestibility in ruminants||Regional livestock specialist, Colorado State University Extension|
|Melanie Beckman, MS||2013||Use of lipid extracted algae as a feed in ruminant diets||Research specialist, Zinpro Corporation|
|Kali Benson, MA||2012||Development of a syndromic surveillance program for livestock||Quality assurance manager, Alltech|
|Laura Dawdy-Tracey, MS||2012||Influence of wet distillers’ grain on rumen bacterial populations||Nutrition Consultant, Purina LabDiet®/Purina TestDiet®|
|Flint Harrelson, PhD||2011||Effects of winter supplementation strategy on beef cattle performance and metabolism as well as calf health and performance||Assistant Professor, Morehead State University|
|Chris Roof, MS||2010||Influence of juniper on rumen bacterial communication||Graduate student|
|Patrick Sanchez, MS||2010||Propionibacterium acidipropionici P169 and glucogenic precursors to improve rumen parameters associated with low quality forage||Complete DVM, practicing in Los Lunas, NM|
|Michael Horvath, MS||2008||The impact of dietary nutrient imbalances on ruminal fermentation and blood metabolites in beef females||Self-employed|
|Kimberly Richardson, MS||2008||Leafy spurge exposure alters in vitro digestion and gas production in cattle and sheep|
*Indicates year of anticipated graduation.
Dr. Ivey’s students have been the recipients of numerous special honors, awards, or other recognition of excellence in research:
- 2013 – WSASAS Young Scholar – Melanie Beckman (past MS student) won this award in 2013 and gave a presentation at the WSASAS meeting in Bozeman MT.
- 2013 – NMSU Tuition Fellowship, NMSU, 2013. Allison Salazar (current MS student) won this award.
- 2013 – WSASAS Graduate Student Paper Competition. A competition among the graduate students in WSASAS. Each student submits an abstract, proceedings and gives a presentation on their research. My student Christopher Shelley placed 3rd out of 26 papers.
- 2013 – A. L. Neumann Scientific Paper Competition for Animal Science Graduate Students, NMSU 2013. My MS student Christopher Shelley won this competition out of 5 papers
- 2012 – WSASAS Graduate Student Paper Competition. A competition among the graduate students in WSASAS. My student Melanie Beckman won the competition out of 32 papers.
- 2012 – A. L. Neumann Scientific Paper Competition for Animal Science Graduate Students, NMSU – My MS student Melanie Beckman placed 2nd in this competition out of 8 papers
- 2013 – NMSU Tuition Fellowship, NMSU, 2013. Laura Dawdy (past MS student) won this award.